Pontifical Faculty of Educational Sciences Auxilium
cultivating teaching talent
PresentationBack to top
The Master's Degree or Licentiate Course in Catechetics and Youth Ministry trains experts in catechetics and youth ministry: researchers, teachers, trainers, and professionals qualified in the process of evangelization and religious education, with particular focus on the younger generations.
Learning outcomesBack to top
At the end of the course of study, graduates must demonstrate:
- to have acquired the knowledge and skills required for planning, coordinating and evaluating Christian education pathways;
- to have acquired the specific skills required for the profession of teaching the science of religious education, catechesis, and youth ministry;
- knowledge of managing training schools in the field of catechetics and youth ministry and church offices for catechesis and youth ministry;
- critical thinking on religion, on anthropological dynamism and on different church norms and the ability to interpret the religious dimension of human experience to encourage development of the faith;
- the ability to develop teaching aids for religious education;
- the ability to collaborate in research projects in the field of religious education;
- to have acquired communication and interpersonal skills to establish and promote cooperation, interreligious dialogue and inculturation of the faith;
- to know and use a foreign language correctly.
Career opportunitiesBack to top
At the end of the course of study, graduates will be able to find work as:
- catechists and experts in youth ministry;
- teachers of the science of religious education, catechesis and youth ministry;
- coordinators of research and planning in the fields of evangelisation, catechesis and youth ministry;
- managers and coordinators of catechetics and youth ministry offices at a church level;
- consultants in the publication of materials in the field of catechesis and youth ministry;
- designers and trainers of workers in the field of religious education;
- teachers of religious education at all types and levels of school, with the required additions.
Teaching and learningBack to top
The Master’s Degree course covers two years, during which 120 ECTS credits must be obtained. To obtain the necessary credits to graduate students must carry out the required training activities (courses, seminars and workshops) and an internship, as stated in the study programme.
Programs of previous years
Degree recognitionBack to top
The Licentiate and PhDs of the Pontifical Faculty of Educational Sciences «Auxilium» are of pontifical right.
For civil purposes, the degrees are valid in accordance with the laws in force in the various countries and the particular rules of each University.
Admission requirementsBack to top
They can enroll in the Master's Degree (or Licentiate) Course those who have obtained the Bachelor's Degree (or Baccalaureate) in Religious Education, or a Degree recognized as equivalent with accreditations properly assessed.
RegistrationBack to top
CoordinationBack to top
CACCIATO INSILLA Cettina
Further informationBack to top
The education of man is a human awakening