PresentationBack to top
The Master's Degree or Licentiate programme in Pedagogical Sciences prepares professional pedagogists capable of:
- designing, managing, coordinating, and evaluating educational and formative services and interventions with an integral vision of the person and of education, attentive to the needs of the local environment and to contemporary educational challenges;
- providing pedagogical consultation in socio-educational, scholastic, and formative services;
- conducting research and promoting innovation in the areas of education and formation.
The programme is structured as a single curriculum with two main fields of specializzation:
- Pedagogist in Socio-Educational Services
- Pedagogist in School and Training Services
Learning outcomesBack to top
At the conclusion of the programme:
* the Master’s graduate in the field of Pedagogist in Socio-Educational Services should be able to demonstrate that he or she has acquired in-depth knowledge in pedagogical and educational sciences and should be capable of:
- designing, coordinating, organizing, and managing person-oriented services as well as educational and formative interventions in the local environment;
- designing and implementing interventions in network with the family, school and non-school entities, and in the coordination of services in the local environment in perspective of prevention and sustainability;
- communicating and relating at a personal and institutional level, coordinating services and animating formative activities in multi-cultural contexts;
- analyzing the complexity of pedagogical intervention with an integral view of the person and of education, and with an interdisciplinary approach;
- monitoring and evaluating the quality of socio-educational projects and services;
- designing, managing, and evaluating courses and interventions for ongoing formation as well as pedagogical consultancy and supervision;
- designing and implementing research in socio-cultural and socio-educational fields;
- mastering Information and Technology skills for research, communication and information management;
- knowing and utilizing a second language to communicate.
* the Master’s graduate in the field of Pedagogist in School and Training Services should be able to demonstrate that he or she has acquired in-depth knowledge in pedagogical and educational sciences, as well as be able to:
- design, implement, and evaluate educational and teaching activities within the school environment, in vocational training and adult education sectors;
- coordinate, organize, and manage schools and training services;
- network with other institutions, with particular attention to multi-cultural contexts, women’s education, and school dropout in view of prevention;
- communicate and relate at a personal and institutional level in coordinating scholastic and formative services and animating formative activities in multi-cultural contexts;
- analyze the complexity of pedagogical intervention with a holistic view of the person and of education, and with an interdisciplinary approach;
- monitor, evaluate, and document the quality of educational and formative projects and interventions;
- design and implement research in schools and in training fields;
- master Information and Technology skills for research, communication, and information management;
- know and utilize a second language to communicate.
Career opportunitiesBack to top
At the conclusion of the course of study:
* the Master’s graduate as a Pedagogist in Socio-Educational Services will be able to fulfill the following roles:
- pedagogical coordinator and director of socio-educational services in centres, services and communities for minors, pre-schools or kindergartens, recreational leisure activities, family and home services, intercultural engagement activities, or interventions for social distress;
- expert in designing, managing, and evaluating cultural and socio-educational services;
- pedagogical consultant, supervisor, and trainer in organizations and personal services funded by public and private entities;
- researcher in an educational environment, in particular for researching quality and innovation in the educational profession, and in organizing and managing socio-educational services;
* the Master’s graduate in Pedagogist in School and Training Services will be skilled to operate as:
- pedagogist, pedagogical consultant, and expert in designing educational, teaching, and training services;
- coordinator, organizer, or director of educational and professional training services;
- expert in designing and managing adults’ training services;
- researcher in the educational field, in particular research on quality and innovation in the teaching and administrative professions, as well as in administration and management of schools and training centres.
Teaching and learningBack to top
The Master’s Degree course covers two years, during which 121/123 ECTS credits must be obtained. To obtain the necessary credits to graduate students must carry out the required training activities (courses, seminars and workshops) and an internship, as stated in the study programme.
The structure of the fields of Pedagogist in Socio-Educational Services, the organization of training activities and exams facilitate the conciliation with work.
Classes are held on weekends.
Students who come from other universities can apply for recognition of university exams. The student-worker who has professional and voluntary work experience, can request validation of the internship upon presentation of the required documents.
Teaching and learning list:
Pedagogist in School and Training Services
Degree recognitionBack to top
The Licentiate and PhDs of the Pontifical Faculty of Educational Sciences «Auxilium» are of pontifical right.
For civil purposes, the degrees are valid in accordance with the laws in force in the various countries and the particular rules of each University.
Admission requirementsBack to top
They can enroll in the Master's Degree (or Licentiate) Course those who have obtained the Bachelor's Degree (or Baccalaureate) in Education and Training Sciences, or a Degree recognized as equivalent with accreditations properly assessed.
RegistrationBack to top
CoordinationBack to top
CHINELLO Maria Antonia